The Los Angeles City Employees Chicano Association (LACECA) is dedicated to promoting equal employment opportunities for all sub-parity groups in the workplace, in City government, and in the community.
Goals and objectives
- Advance the employment, education, economic, and social welfare of its members.
- Encourage the promotional advancement of Latinos in City service;
- Work toward the expansion and improve the application of the City’s Affirmative Action Program to bring about a more diverse workforce representative of the population, across all departments and promotional levels within City service.
- Hear the grievance of any Latino City employee and act appropriately as decided by the Executive Board.
- Work toward the achievement of these goals, together with other City and community organizations for the betterment of the community.